Ranti is an opera and crossover recording artiste versatile in folk, jazz and pop music. She won ’Best Alternative Music Video’ at the 2016 Nigeria Music Video Awards for her debut folk recording ‘Iwe Kiko’. Her passion for singing started in high school in Nigeria where she won first place in the Shell Schools’ Competition and sang in the 2001 Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) Festival.
Ranti returned to Chicago, where she was born, and studied Chemical Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). While at IIT, she took music courses at the VanderCook College of Music. Upon graduation, she worked as a refinery engineer and directed her church choir. Ranti moved back to Nigeria in 2011 to pursue a music career while working as an Environmental Engineer.
In 2015, she left engineering to focus fully on her music career. She has since released songs and music videos including ‘Iwe Kiko’, ‘Bamiwo’, ‘There is a Fire’, ‘HeartBeat’ and ‘O Holy Night’.
On the concert and festival stages, some recent performances include:
• The One Africa Music Fest at the Dubai Festival Arena in November 2019
• National Anthem at the Nigerian President’s 2019 Swearing-In Ceremony
• Nigerian Economic Summit in October 2019
• 250th Anniversary of Alexander van Humboldt by the German Consulate
• South Africa National Day Celebration at the South African Consulate
She has performed in operas staged in Africa, Europe and the States:
• ‘Norina’ in Donizetti’s ‘Don Pasquale’
• ‘Donna Anna’ in Mozart’s ‘Don Giovanni’
• ‘Pamina’ in Mozart’s ‘Magic Flute’
• ‘Marenka’ in Smetana’s ‘Bartered Bride’
• ‘Queen of the Night’ in Mozart’s ‘Magic Flute’
• ‘Kate’ in Gilbert and Sullivan’s ‘Pirates of Penzance
• ‘Madame Herz’ in ‘Die Schauspieldirektor